Happy new year!
The previous year was a lot of things for a lot of people, for me ommooo it was vibes and the Grace of God. That has gone anyway.
It’s 2021! it’ll be a great year for us. Amen.
I’m going to be consistent in writing, I want to create more fun content on myself and feature stories of many amazing people as possible so help me God, Amen.
When I’m not here, I’m on my medium – Eyilayo’s Medium please check it out.
To start the new year, I decided to ask people on their favourite/ best lessons they have learnt so far in life, I was inspired by https://olotufunke.com/35-people-share-life-lessons
I hope it helps and encourages you one way or the other.
Let me know your favourite out of all 35 🤍
1. Seun Caleb
It’s okay to plan. But once you focus so much on that plan and leave no room for uncertainty, you would hurt yourself. Because there’s only so much we have control over, we cannot predict the outcome of events. So, love life as it comes, enjoy the moment knowing that no matter what life throws at you, you can overcome.
Also, there is only so much you can do by yourself, so embrace the idea of people. You were not wired to be an island, so connect. Make your life everything you want it to be because no matter how much you think if you do not move towards it, you’ll never achieve it.
-Comparing your life with other lives will only lead to you doubting your existence.
-The troubles of life never ends, so try staying happy and positive amidst the trials.
– Don’t expect too much from people, not even the closest people, you may feel someone is your friend and they would definitely come through for you without asking.. hello??? They can disappoint you.
– Don’t wait for anybody, once you feel it’s time to move, you move… don’t let someone’s unreadiness delay you just because they are special to you.
– Don’t rust too much… anybody can mess up anytime or change.
– Don’t sacrifice your happiness for anyone, anything, or any reason.. be it love, trust, family, or work.. let your happiness be paramount.
– Life definitely takes weird turns. But you aren’t paper. You shouldn’t let the wind blow you as it wishes’.
– At first,
You won’t make money doing what you love.
But it’s alright.
– Don’t let anyone make you feel any less. Your dreams are valid!
– You’d better stop talking and start doing. Those ideas in your head won’t bring themselves to life
– There’s never a perfect time to start anything. Just get out there and do it!
– It’s okay to fail or have set backs
The most important thing is getting up and not giving up
– Patience is really the greatest virtue because a lot of things look like it’s not gonna happen but if it’s meant to be it will happen
– People are different and know that your own time will definitely come.
– Never assume, always ask:
To be honest, the embarrassment and regret one faces when one’s assumption goes wrong can be simply avoided by just asking, and yeah it’s that easy.
– Always have a backup plan, it keeps your head up:
To be frank, this life is way too dynamic to put all your eggs in the same basket, as a matter of fact, this also applies to putting all your trust in a particular person or system, people fail, whether intentionally or not.
When you always have a Plan B, you can’t be caught unawares, cos you’re already ahead of the curve.
– Can never be me’ doesn’t apply to real human beings. It can always be you!
– Act on that idea now! If not, someone else will!
– Broken Crayons still color:
Many times we compare our blooper to someone else’s highlight.
The truth is no one has a perfect life.
And just like that broken crayon, God is always able to use our brokenness to create something beautiful.
– What God cannot do, does not exist.
– There’s no little win, or big win. A win is a win celebrate them all.
– Do you! The world will adjust. 💛
– Be kind to people always, it doesn’t matter who they are or what they can offer you.
– Sometimes, give the same energy.
– Take people for who they and not who you’d want them to be
– Just because you have good intentions for someone, does not mean they have good intentions for you.
– Making excuses and giving people too much benefit of the doubt will only cost you.
-Problems no dey finish, enjoy every moment.
– You don’t know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory, So take the days and moments as they come and make the best out of them.
– Take lots of pictures with your loved ones and make sure you store and keep them well.
– We should all be feminists
– Don’t bother yourself with what people choose to do with their lives, that way, you’re one step closer to sanity
– Surround yourself with amazing people who root for you, it makes the struggles of life easier to go through
– Don’t worry about tomorrow, live everyday as it comes cos tomorrow comes with its own troubles
– Never say “can’t be me” life comes at people really fast, be humble
– Be kind to people, it’s the actual least you could do
– Love yourself, you are your biggest fan
– It’s okay to make mistakes, there’s no failure in falling
– Open yourself and your mind to opportunities, you never know what you’ll enjoy doing till you try it( school and career)
– Don’t pack mad people with normal people in the name of “you don’t know who can be useful later”. Not everyone is useful and No you won’t regret cutting off shitty and toxic people.
– The ones you expect the most from will often disappoint you, the ones you expect nothing from will always turn up for you
– This is for those who have had their hearts broken, don’t go around hurting others cause you got hurt too it’ll just turn into an unending cycle, instead heal from it and learn to love again
– Just cause everyone is doing it and succeeding doesn’t mean you’ll do it and succeed we all have different paths in life discover yours and flourish in it
– People will start to support you once they see its popular to show support
– Catch Flights not feelings
– People will say they got you for life but truthfully the one person who’s always thinking about you is God.
– Friendships fail, and that’s okay. Re-evaluate yourself and move on.
– Resentment is a slow poison that kills all sorts of relationships. Try to communicate and be as expressive as possible in uncomfortable situations.
– Love yourself, love your body, as unapologetically as you can. It’s a process but please do.
– Life has taught me so much about patience and trusting God.
-Just putting God first in everything because we really cant do anything on our own.
– I have gone through alot of sad situations in the past few years but what has kept me from not loosing it was that i kept on trusting God.
– I have learnt to love people with their differences because we are all wired differently.
I’m still learning alot so I can become a better person.
– There are some things that you never could have thought would be you till they start happening so sometimes don’t judge when people do some things.
-Growth doesn’t happen in a day, it’s okay to make mistakes over and over again.
– Sometimes, it won’t be you and that’s okay too.
– Appreciate the little things, the little wins, some people desperately crave to be in your position, in as much as you still seek for greener pastures.
– In all skills, they say 10,000 hours of practice makes you an expert, so go ahead and practice! practice!! practice!!!
– Always be appreciative of the little things and the big things as they come.
– Always tell yourself the truth
– Failure is only a step to being who you want to be, so don’t stop because you failed. instead it should motivate & give you strength to continue to push. there’s beauty in the struggle.
– Learnt that you shouldn’t expect people to treat you how you treat them.
Just do what you do cos you want to and cos you’re a good person, cause tbh human beings would always be human beings.
Have it at the back of your mind that cos you’re a good person to Mr A, he doesn’t have to be good to you. Just be a good person because you want to be good and because you have a good heart.
– Fear is man’s greatest enemy, learn to outgrow it.
– In everything, be ever true to yourself.
– It’s okay to fail but NEVER dwell on your failure.
22. Ni Chan
Greatness is not the amassing of wealth but your contribution to life.
– Honestly in life, I have learnt to always speak up. When things aren’t going my way, I speak up and ask questions, same goes for when things are going my way, I speak up and say thank you GOD.
24. Mola A
– Be happy and have fun whenever, wherever and whatever. You first.
– Think of yourself always, stay in your zone and your energy should be on a 100 always,
Pain is greater than love
It’s very okay for people to disappoint you and it’s equally okay to feel disappointed.
Do what you love, Make memories,Take that leap, Experience life, Keep growing
Tomorrow isn’t promised.
29. The Tumininu
– Write things down (helps reduce the extra emotions that must have been added to that particular thing)
– Enjoy the process and embrace the little milestones..there’s never a point of absolute satisfaction anyway.
– It’s okay to ask for help, but from the right places (physical or online)
– Investment is good but start from the inside.
– Put one foot in front of another and manage a smile, then repeat. It always gets better.
People will generally hate you for 3 reasons
– because they want to be you, – they hate themselves or They see you as a threat and the very day you walk in their shoes, you will know what Emptiness means.
– Invest in yourself!!!
You can be lucky or have connections it will take you far but the rest is up to YOU.
Just because you lost doesn’t mean you are not good enough or you should stop working hard.
You should only put in your best and work harder for the next race. The result will come eventually.
Do not expect the road to success to be smooth
Invest in yourself, learn more, empower yourself.
– We like to think that no one owes you anything but life has taught me that at least you owe your neighbor basic decency, empathy, and courtesy.
This taught me how to respect people more. It taught me to be kinder and also tame my tongue and watch what I say especially around sensitive topics and situations.
-Smart work > hard work: people that are making waves, are solution providers and innovators not necessarily “hard-workers”
– Focus on your own journey. When you do you, everything else would fall in place.
– Be calm. Don’t be quick to react to a situation or commit to anything. Sometimes all you need to do is keep calm, observe your environment, understand the reason behind your emotions then take calculated decisions. I think this is the best lesson I’ve learnt so far. Emotional intelligence can be really underrated sometimes.
– Then lastly, live a good and full life, but make sure you’re living for you and not for anyone else.
– Enjoy every single moment you get to spend with your loved ones. It might be your last or even theirs.
– You can do absolutely anything you set out to do as long as you’re determined to get it done.
Nothing in life is hard it all depends on the perspective you choose to view it from.
Thankful to everyone who sent their piece to me.
Life is what you make of it,
So make the best out of it, You don’t rush greatness.
Everything good will come. 💛
And that’s that. 🥂
Thank you for reading,
All pictures were gotten from Pinterest,
Which number/ numbers was it for you? Please drop comments on this post.